Karmapa Foundation carries out secular activities of His Holiness the Gyalwang Karmapa and seeks to contribute to the betterment of mankind and the peace and prosperity of the peoples of the world.
The Foundation's work
A) Alleviating Suffering: providing compassionate assistance to the poor, the needy, and individuals afflicted by mental or physical hardship, and engaging in works aimed at the alleviation of suffering, and supporting individuals who wish to obtain liberation;
B) Educating in Sciences of Mind and Philosophies of Life: operating seminars and educational programs, including:
1) Programs which cultivate of knowledge and wisdom about the mind and compare the Sciences of Mind with contemporary physical and social sciences and philosophies;
2) Programs which feature the participation of the Seventeenth Gyalwang Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje and successive Karmapas in lecture tours and related activities that benefit beings in the world;
C) Protecting the Environment: fostering a balanced approach to the use of resources that is mindful of the limitations of the planet and establishing an awareness in all peoples of how to treat the environment as if it is the manifestation of each individual's kind Mother (Earth);
D) Preserving Distinctive Artistic and Cultural Traditions: preserving the traditional cultures and arts of Tibet and related institutions, so as to provide a continuing basis for the distinctive contributions of the Tibetan peoples to the world community;
E) Supporting Educational and Cultural Activities: providing support to institutions and individuals dedicated to education in the Sciences of Mind, including:
1) Educational institutions such as universities, shedras, academies and other teaching institutions;
2) Translators and translation facilities for translating Tibetan, Sanskrit and other languages for the benefit of those who cannot read the texts in their original languages; and
3) Cultural, secular, and religious institutions that support communities and individuals sharing the vision of the Foundation;
F) Publishing: publishing written, graphic, cinematic and other media and materials, including recordings of lectures and other tours sponsored by the Foundation.
The Karmapa Foundation is a nonprofit corporation formed under the laws of Washington State, USA. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization and contributions are deductible to the extent of the law.